Documents REQUIREMENTS FOR A CIVIL WEDDING
• PASSPORTS (BRIDE & GROOM MUST HAVE VALID PASSPORTS)
• TOURIST CARDS (it is given to every foreigner on the flight to Mexico).
• BLOOD TEST (to determine blood type, HIV, RH factor and Venereal diseases) - by law this must be done in Mexico at the Hotel Medical Center, it costs: US$ 250 per couple (payable at the moment of the test directly to the Medical Center).
• WITNESSES You need four witnesses with their picture Passport and their Tourist Card for your wedding. They need to be here at the latest three working day's prior to the wedding.
If one of you is divorced
• DIVORCE CERTIFICATE It is necessary to be divorced at least one year prior to your Civil Ceremony in Mexico. This is a government law and there are absolutely no exceptions here.
If the groom is divorced, no additional documentation is needed. BRIDE DIVORCE
1. OPTION If the BRIDE is divorced (must be for one 1 year before remarrying) and her passport is under her maiden name, no additional documentation is needed. If the bride's passport is under her ex-husbands last name then she must have her birth certificate.
The birth certificate must also have an Apostille Seal and be translated into Spanish by an official translator here in Mexico. For information on how to obtain the Apostille document please contact the Secretary of State
2. OPTION The BRIDE can use the passport with his ex-husband last name.
IMPORTANT INFORMATION FOR THE LEGAL CEREMONY
• The wedding couple and their witnesses must be in Mexico for at least 3 complete business days (Saturdays, Sundays & Public Mexican Holidays are not included) before the wedding, not counting the arrival date or the wedding date, to meet with the wedding coordinator and submit all the required documents and go over the wedding details.
The legal ceremony will not be performed unless all documents are in order
• Marriage License Apostille (for USA, Canadian and British Citizens) - After the wedding you will receive your Marriage License. In order to make this valid in your country, we will obtain the apostille for the Marriage License as well. The procedure takes 3 to 5 months, as soon as we have it back, you would receive by courier mailing. The apostille services are not including on the wedding package. The apostille has an extra cost 300 USD.
BOOK YOUR WEDDING
Due to the high amount of weddings requests that we have, we kindly ask you to request the wedding date as soon as possible.
If you would like to reserve the date, please contact us to check the date availability and for us to send you the booking format required (find attached the form); please enclosed a copy of a credit card and photo ID (both sides) as a guarantee for us to save the date.
We do require a deposit for 800 USD to keep the wedding date. The hotel accepts credit cards (Master card, Visa & American Express - In Mexico we do not take Discovery CC), travelers checks and cash.
Here at the Hotel Valentin Imperial Maya we understand that all couples have their own ideas of how they want their special day to be, we try to be as flexible as possible so please feel free to forward them to us (restrictions apply).
Between now and when you walk down the aisle, you will have lots of questions, please do not hesitate to contact our Wedding Coordinators by email so that we can answer any individual questions. No questions are too small or too big, please let us help you as much as possible. We are here to take away the stress of planning a wedding in a different country.
Flowers & Ornaments Bridal/Bridesmaid's Bouquet $80 USD
Bride maid Bouquet $60 USD
Boutonniere $25 USD
Corsage $25 USD
Corsage for Chair $25 USD
Hair Flowers $25 USD
Bride & Groom Leis $45 USD
Bride & Groom Leis with Orchids $165 USD
White Chairs Covers (each one) $8 USD
Colour Ribbons for chairs $6 USD
Food & Beverage Set menu (guest stay in the hotel) $50 USD per person
Set menu (guest in other hotel) $100 USD per person
Rehearsal $80 USD
Rehearsal Dinner (bridal party) $85 USD
Music Violinist $500 USD
Saxophonist $500 USD
Guitarist $500 USD
Mexican Trio $600 USD
Mexican Mariachi $1,000 USD (With option of being less)
Marimba $800 USD
Disk Jockey Services and Equipment $950 USD (3 hrs)
Stereo Sound & Microphone $500 USD (3HRS.)
*Prices above are per sets of 45 minutes (except the DJ & Sound Stereo)
Minister $426 USD
Judge $685 USD
Set up (table and chairs with white cover tables for 15 people) $100 USD
Religious ceremony (Priest & Chapel) $640 USD
Blood test $250 USD
Witnesses $25 USD per witness
Cocktail hour $15 USD(per person per hour)
Set Up $100 USD
Canapes $9 USD per person