A large number of couples decide that the civil package option is very time consuming and costly and prefer to have a Non Denominational Religious (Vows Renewal) Ceremony only. In order to perform a ceremony this way, Civil Register in Puerto Vallarta only requires the Wedding Certificate and the ID with photo of the Bride & Groom. Wedding can be performed on the beach or poolside, or if a Jacuzzi suite is pre-booked, the wedding can be performed on the terrace.
Original birth certificate and 2 copies, which have to be certified by the Secretary of the State where you were born and given an attachment called an "Apostille". Once the couple has the documents, they can bring it upon their arrival to Puerto Vallarta, and only fax us a copy to start with the paperwork. Hotel needs to have a copy of the documents at least 1 month before the wedding date in order for us to file these papers with the City Registrer's office.
• Original passport or driver's license and copies. (Your personal information must be the same in all the paper work)
• Original Tourist card and a copy (received upon arrival into the country)
• Blood tests and health exam performed by an "official" doctor, which have to be done here in Puerto Vallarta (not included at the Package)
• Assistance to a course at DIF (Family defense at Puerto Vallarta) prior to the wedding date. It take place every Wednesday or Friday depends of a fluency.
• 2 witnesses per person over 18 years of age, can't be the parents.
• All these documents must be filed personally (with a judge appointed by the resort) with the Civil Registrar's office here in Puerto Vallarta a minimum of 8 days prior to the proposed wedding date (all done by the Wedding Coordinator)
• The couple will need to be in Puerto Vallarta a minimum of 4 days (not including weekends) prior to the proposed wedding date in order to complete all the required documentation and tests.
• The Civil Wedding, which is a nice ceremony and a signing of the marriage license in front of an official and your witnesses. The fees for the translations, the filing of the documents and the actual ceremony, plus tips, etc., are already included on the Wedding Package. (Does not include blood & health tests or any other extra document in case you are divorce or widow).
Free Weddings are subject to hotel conditions (see terms & conditions).
We require a 50% of the packages cost to guarantee and reserve day of the event.
Prices are subject to change unless deposit has been paid and contract is signed.
Black out dates for ceremonies: from December 23rd, 2008 to January 2nd, 2009, Holy week and Easter week.