Melia Azul Ixtapa is nestled between a deep green hillside and the beautiful Pacific Ocean. Many guestrooms enjoy fantastic views of the ocean with impressive rock formations out in the bay. Take a romantic stroll on the boardwalk leading out to the Oyster Bar restaurant, constructed on solid stilts above the ocean along a cliffside. An ideal location for families, kids will love the on-site water park with small waterslides and fountains. The more adventurous can sign up for an eco-tour offered by local guides. The resort has recently completed the addition of a new tower with 138 luxury ocean view rooms, and the largest Convention Center in the Mexican Pacific with a capacity for over 2,300 people.
• Passport valid through your stay
• Tourist card (available from a travel agent, airline or your consulate)
• 4 witnesses are required but parents can not act as witnesses. (Staff members can act as witnesses).
• Blood test and Health Certificate, both are done locally.
• Notarized certificate of divorced or widowed with "Apostille seal" if applicable. Mexican law decrees that a divorced person must wait one year to re-marry.
• Bride and Groom must arrive 4 days prior to the wedding.
• Bring all your original documents. Your marriage will be formalized in the name stated on your passport. Therefore your passport must be correct and matching all other documents.
• After your wedding, your Marriage Certificate will be prepared as quickly as possible and couriered at the resort's expense to your home address. Your marriage is legalized by your destination country's embassy.
Others Guest's Upgrade:
• To upgrade "Melia Wedding" to a bigger quantity go guests there is a cost of $30.00usd per additional guest. (Includes upgrade of: Domestic sparkling wine, cake and set up for ceremony).
• To upgrade "Tides" to a bigger quantity of guest there is a cost of $39.00usd per additional guest. (Includes upgrade of: Domestic sparkling wine, cake, set up for ceremony and post ceremony cocktail with hors D`ouvres).
• To upgrade "Tropical Fairy Tale" to a bigger quantity of guest there is a cost of $52.00usd per additional guest. (Includes upgrade of: Domestic sparkling wine, cake,set up for ceremony, post ceremony cocktail with hors D`ouvres and house international bar).
• The upgrade to a CIVIL CEREMONY in Melia Wedding. Tides and Tropical Fairy Tale Packages have an additional price of $600.00usd. The CIVIL Ceremony is the legally binding ceremony and requires the couple be at the resort a minimum of 3 days prior the Civil Ceremonyâ€¦please ask our Celebrations Specialist for all paperwork required in order to meet the Mexican Republic Government specifications. Note that civil ceremonies can take up 7 full business days to confirm (or not).
If you have guest that are not staying at the resort, they need to purchase a day pass or night pass depending on the time they are coming. Day passes from 9:00am - 5:00pm $70.00usd; Night passes from 5:00pm - 11:00pm $85.00usd.
Reception Dinner Options
• Dinner at a la carte restaurants with a special menu. This option does not have an extra charge up to 12 guests (MeliÃ Wedding Package) or 24 guests (Tides and Fairy Tale Packages), for more than 12 or 24 guests there is a cost of $20.00usd per additional guest for the dinner. You need to select a set menu (one entree, one soup, one main course). Our restaurants have their theme music. Please be advised that there is a dress code at some the restaurants for men: NO SANDALS, NO SHORTS AND NO SHIRTS WITHOUT SLEEVES.
• Private dinner at a Banquet hall or outdoors locations. This option has an additional charge. Let us know as soon as possible if you are interested in this option to book this space and guarantee its availability for your reception.
• Packages are effective for Events occurring on and after January 01, 2008-December 2008.
• Melia Wedding Package, Tides and Tropical Fairy Tale have to be booked directly with the Resort's Celebrations Specialists in order to confirm dates.
• Legal and- or Religious Ceremony have a surcharge, priced per Resort and subject to local availability and legal requirements.
• Deposits and contracts are to be signed by all parties involved (hotel-couple) in order to confirm any Celebration Package.
• Day and Night Passes are required for ALL Guests not staying at the Hotel and attending the Ceremony or Event Resort in order to access the property, priced per resort.
• All Package Pricing and Inclusions are subject to change with 30 days prior notification.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS - "Tides" and "Tropical Fairy Tale"
• Package includes the SYMBOLIC Ceremony
• Legal Ceremony have a surcharge, priced per Resort and subject to local availability and legal requirements.
• Full open premium bar is available and will have an additional fee per person per hour
• For More than 24 In-House Guests a surcharge will incur depending on your requests (per hour per person) - Additional kids under 5 are free- Additional kids under 12 pay child fee.
• Set menu plated dinner is for up to 24 In-House Guests in a selected a la carte restaurant, time tables - seating time, may apply depending of the season
• Service for up o 3 hours, additional service time will be charged per hour
• Additional services may be quoted per person and-or per additional item.
• Guests not staying at the resort needs to purchase day or night pass.
• Items are not interchangeable for other inclusions, no cash refunds apply for unused items.
• Accommodations charges are not included
A Symbolic ceremony essentially consists of a "blessing" or an "emblematic" ceremony, performed by a Non-Denominational Minister (with no legal validity). You can celebrate it in any location, without limitations or legal restrictions. Usually the couples who choose this type of ceremony have had a civil ceremony in their home country, and arrive at their chosen destination to celebrate their union surrounded by breathtaking locations. It is required that the couple be at the resort a minimum of 48 hours prior to the symbolic celebration.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS "BLISS" and "MOON AND STARS"
• Minimum 30 day advance notice for package to be valid, reservation must include note of BLISS package requirement in order to be eligible.
• Accommodations are not included
• Items are not interchangeable for other inclusions, no cash refunds apply for unused items
• Wedding package payments will be made directly to the Hotel
• Prices and packages are subject to changes without previous notice